Cranbrook Underwriting Services (CUS) is a division of Chesterfield Group who are wholly owned by H.W. Kaufman Group, CUS is run as a specialist underwriting entity in all respects.
The Cranbrook Underwriting Services team works with regional partners to develop fair policy pricing and attractive, profitable terms and conditions across the product suite, taking local market conditions into account.
Overview of Cranbrook Underwriting Services
- Cranbrook Underwriting Services (CUS) is a division of Chesterfield Insurance Brokers Limited (CIBL), a Lloyd’s approved London Broker wholly owned by the H.W. Kaufman Group. CUS runs as a specialist underwriting entity in all respects. CUS has a subsidiary unit based in Amsterdam, which allows us to underwrite within the European Union.
- CUS represents part of a USD 3 Billion plus premium group. Cranbrook Underwriting was formed in 2012 and began underwriting SME Property & Casualty (UK & ROI) and later developed niche areas such as Pet & Bloodstock, Super-Yacht, Power Generation and International Healthcare.
- Today CUS specialise in Pet, Equine and International Healthcare.
- The CUS Pet team are respected market figures and recognised as leaders in designing Pet products for various markets – the team works with regional partners to develop fair policy pricing and attractive, profitable terms and conditions across the product suite, taking local market conditions into account. In the UK, the experts at CUS have consulted for the Financial Conduct Authority, the Financial Ombudsman Service and several general Insurers to advise on the specialist product design, policy wordings, and the handling of difficult claims situations needed to succeed in the Pet class.
- The team at CUS have more experience in the Pet insurance class than any other in the world and see a tremendous opportunity to expand their portfolio significantly.
Senior Executive Director
- Mike has been underwriting Bloodstock, Pet and Associated risks at Lloyd’s and in the London company market for over 40 years.
- Previously he was underwriting for Lloyd’s Syndicate 627/1109, Lexington Insurance Company (AIG) and Lloyd’s Syndicate 1301.
- Mike helped to underwrite the Pet Plan brand when it first incepted in the mid 1980’s.
Executive Director – Head of Pet & Equine
- James has been Underwriting in the London and Lloyd’s market for over 10 years, in Pet, Equine, Motor Fleet and Life Insurance.
- He has worked for Brit Insurance, QBE and Pacific Life Re.
- James oversees product design, pricing and MI reporting for Cranbrook’s various Insurance and Reinsurance partners.
Head of Global Health
- With over 40 years of experience in the UK & International insurance market Gareth has held senior positions in underwriting, broking and MGA’s functions including board roles with a Lloyd’s Underwriting Agency, two European insurance companies and a London market broker.
- He has extensive experience within the Accident & Health market having underwritten programmes for major specialist IPMI MGA’s and insurers over the last 25 years whilst securing clients insurer support in Asia, Europe, the Middle East and North America.
- With an extensive directory of personal relationships Gareth has access to many of the industry’s leading players and is keen to use these to help grow the Global Health business.
- In addition to Gareth’s role as Head of Global Health he has also led the businesses placement of a large UK motor trade portfolio whilst also working in the broader accident & health market.
Underwriting Manager, Global Health
- An experienced professional with over 30 years spent in the international private medical arena with specific focus on Europe, Middle East and Africa.
- Carolyn has held several senior Management roles as Head of Underwriting and Director in insurers and MGA’s.
- Focusing on the international market, which has enormous potential and opportunities for development, Carolyn has extensive technical knowledge of product creation and pricing whilst having traded across many of the target markets.
- She is held in high regard by partners and insurers alike.
Head of Claims
- John is a US-licensed Property and Casualty Claims Adjuster, who has worked for Hiscox and AIG in the London Market.
- He has worked in the Pet Insurance space for over 15 years, covering claims, consumer complaints, compliance and data protection.
- John manages the panel of Third-Party Administrators who provide claims services to CUS.
- Nicholas started in insurance at Aviva within the Property Investors team, and then worked for a Lichtenstein based manufacturing & engineering company before joining Fidelis Consultants and then Cranbrook Underwriting Services.
- Nicholas holds a degree in Business Management and is working towards achieving ACII qualification.
- Nicholas oversees reporting functions in Equine programme, Pet programmes and a significant book of motor trade.
If you would like to contact us, you can email us directly from this screen by clicking on the email address below, or alternatively, you can call us direct on the numbers listed to request further information.
Phone: + 44 (0) 207 337 3510
New Business Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Protection: email@example.com